Friday, November 18, 2011

Recording

So, yesterday was the audio group's first day working in the recording studio. I personally thought that it was really, really, really fun. But like, really fun. We ran into some technical difficulties, but the nice (if somewhat crotchety) bearded man working in the HLRC was very helpful in getting them squared away. I have little to no idea how these kinds of things actually work, so I'm glad that there are some people in the group who know what they're doing.

I'm reading the part of Polonius (there are way more male parts than female parts, and our group is like sixty-five percent female). At first, I was like "Meh. That's kind of a whatever part. Whatever." I was SO WRONG. Polonius is so much fun. He's kind of senile and isn't necessarily completely on top of things, and his assumptions are always totally off base. He thinks of himself as the wise old man, but he's really kind of a buffoon in a lot of ways. It's fun to play up.

At first, I was a little bit nervous about taking on this project. I've had many experiences where I've worked with people who were like "We're going to do this, and it's going to be awesome!" and then it was complete crap. I don't think that this will be complete crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment