Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Blogging

Right, so blogging. I'll be honest: I don't feel like I have much to say.

For the final project, I'm in the Audio group. We're doing a cut-down audio version of Hamlet, which could be interesting. One of the things I was considering was the possibility of creating background noises and music ourselves. That might be too hefty of an undertaking, I'm not completely sure. It's just that creative commons music is invariably awful and generic, because it's created to work with any number of unrelated audio/visual projects. Usually, though, with classical music, the performance is what's copyrighted. Yo-Yo Ma wants you to buy his CDs, so he's not going to let people use his music for free, but anyone can perform Mozart if they want to. I don't know if it's in any way feasible, but I think that some a capella vocals in the background could lend a nice ambience.

To wrap up, I'm going to share a painfully embarrassing example of my own stunning voice-over work. I was like sixteen, and word got around that I had studied voice-over in conservatory, so I got this tremendous opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment