Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Blogging Part II

Once again, I forgot I was supposed to blog today. And, once again, I don't feel like I have a whole lot to discuss.

The final project recording of Hamlet is going well. We currently have at least one take of each scene recorded, so even if something goes horribly, horribly wrong, we'll at least have something to present. We're meeting on Saturday (4-6 in the recording booth) to fine-tune and add sound effects and the like. I actually think this could be a relatively decent final project. I'm especially happy with how each character has a distinct voice. I think that's really important for the clarity of the piece.

I also feel like I'm understanding the play in a deeper way. Over the past few weeks, I've read our cut script probably six or seven times. When I played Ophelia, I focused largely on my own lines. I made sure I understood my lines and the scenes I was in, but I didn't care as much about the greater narrative. I knew the plot, of course, but I didn't take the time to read and try to understand the other roles (partially because we only had like six weeks to throw the production together). I had to be cute and heartbroken and crazy and dead. Now, I feel like I'm getting that kind of familiarity with the entirety of the play.

Referencing my previous post, I've not received any responses or comments on my Lear review on Goodreads (except for from my husband, who apparently liked it). I'm continuing to reach out, but I'm discovering that most people on the internet don't want to talk to a complete stranger, even if it is about a shared interest.

1 comment:

  1. I ran into the same problem when I was trying to reach out so don't worry, it's not just you.

    ReplyDelete